- 48 jobs
- Inject $3.75 m p.a
- Over 500,000 Visitors per annum
2.2 National Park & Recreation Precinct
Connecting the hills to the sea, the Southern Adelaide Greenbelt creates an ecological, cultural and recreational centre for Southern Adelaide with Majors Road, O’Halloran Hill situated at the heart.
In cities around the world, urban farms are being utilised to provide unique educational experiences and enterprising services for communities. Modelling for the national park indicates it could generate over 500 000 vis
itors per annum and directly inject $3.75 m into the economy each year. It would create up to 48 new ongoing jobs.
The precinct covers Adelaide’s southern hills face and consists of land protected by varying government policies. Key areas include:
- Happy Valley Reservoir
- Glenthorne Farm
- Field River Valley
- O’Halloran Hill Recreation Park
- Hallett Cove Conservation Park
- Marino Conservation Park
Current projects underway towards the precinct are:
- Soccer Facility – Development of a new soccer facility on Majors Road, O’Halloran Hill to service the Southern Adelaide demand
- World Class Urban Mountain Bike Park - an international mountain bike destination to support recreational and competitive off-road cycling
- Glenthorne Farm – community access to a unique heritage and environmental resource for the benefit of all South Australians
- Field River – restoration of a high value ecological corridor for community.