- > 540 jobs
- > $13 m
1.1 Edwardstown District
The Southern Adelaide Economic Development Board has highlighted Edwardstown as a priority precinct.
The opportunity is to transform the Edwardstown District into a vibrant employment zone.
Edwardstown district, strategically located within 8km from the CBD and well serviced by electrified rail and the North-South Corridor, is a key growth precinct for inner Southern Adelaide.
It has long served as a key employment generator for the region. Further investment is now required to deliver a mixed-use employment precinct with advanced manufacturers, export focused businesses, integrated creative industry and housing diversity to contribute to a vibrant place to live and work.
- $8M Federal Government and Council funded Edwardstown Oval Redevelopment delivering:
- An integrated sports and community facility injecting
- $2.11 m into the economy and creating over 56 jobs
- A vocational training facility with up to 325 job outcomes
- $40M Castle Plaza retail redevelopment to expand the shopping centre and create a high street with active frontages at street level
Further investment is required to unleash the full potential of the district:
- redesign of the local road network and improvements to streetscape amenity
- Integration of public transport including a future train station
- Provision for higher density housing (both stand alone and above compatible commercial and retail uses)
- Further development of the walking and cycling network, particularly the Adelaide to Marino Rocks Greenway
- Realignment of Ackland Street, providing a connection between Raglan Avenue and the Edward Street/South Road intersection
- Creation of high quality open space and Lifestyle Precinct.