- 5 000
- 3,400 International Students pa
- $150m Service Exports
- $2bn Regional Economic Benefit
1.4 Flinders Urban Village
A new urban centre for the south combining specialist health and research, retail, commercial, student and private accommodation and education.
Flinders University have plans for a $2 bn urban village development at their Bedford Park campus which will transform this area into one of Australia’s most innovative, creative and vibrant precincts.
This mixed use development will be arranged around a public square adjacent to the new Flinders Link rail – connecting Flinders Village to Tonsley and the Adelaide rail network.
Delivering many benefits for the South Australian economy, the southern suburbs and our local communities, this urban heart is designed for global success. It’s anticipated to bring the following additional benefits to the region:
20 year projection:
• An additional $2bn in economic activity
• An increase in SA’s GSP by $1.1bn
• An additional 2521 full time jobs
• Forecast of $99 million higher SA exports
• An annual impact on Marion & Mitcham GRP of $355m by 2036
This project will complement the vision for Southern Adelaide and helps to underpin economic growth and prosperity, job readiness, innovative education and research, as well as supporting a strong, healthy and connected state. .